Friday, May 30, 2014

Preschool Graduation

Last night, my son, Noah, graduated from preschool. He will start kindergarten at my school in August. While its an emotional thing anyway, last night was especially hard for me. I dreaded it all day. You see, we've known about this graduation for many months. It was always going to be a week after Aaron was born, and it was going to be my first "outing" with my infant. Of course, I wasn't there with my baby next to me. Instead, my baby was the one graduating. I only have one baby boy instead of two, and he's not much of a baby anymore.

God was there, though. On the way to graduation, I saw my first butterfly. Granted, it was sitting on a trash can, but it was still a butterfly! Then, decorating the door that was right behind where Noah sat for graduation, were butterflies. When I noticed them, I felt a sense of peace. God was there, wrapping me in his arms, telling me that it would be alright. The whole time I watched Noah, I also saw butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment