Monday, July 14, 2014

Ramblings

I've been on vacation for the last few weeks. First we went and visited my sister-in-law's family, and now we're in Ohio with my extended family. This weekend we celebrated my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary, and then my other grandmother's 90th birthday. I feel so blessed that we were able to come up here for those two events. Before April 9th, we weren't going to be traveling anywhere this summer. We've now traveled lots (we normally do) and still have another trip to go.

Being here with my extended family has been great. My parents are here, too, so I've seen almost every member of my side of the family in the last few days. We have a family cross stitch hanging at my grandparent's house. It's got everyone's names in a scrabble/cross stitch pattern. Before we got here, my mom added Aaron and Adalyn (my cousin's new baby). While we never really knew him on earth, he still had an identity. God formed him in his image. God knew the number of hairs on his head. He was still my son.

I've been trying to figure out what to put on my "About Me" stuff for the beginning of the school year. I don't want to say that I have just one son, because I don't. I don't want to erase Aaron from our family profile. I don't want to say that I have 2 sons and that one is deceased, because that opens up a Pandora's box with students/parents. I asked a teacher-friend of mine who has also lost a child what she says. She lost a daughter and has a young son. Instead of telling how many children she has, she just says that she enjoys spending time with her husband and son. Maybe I'll come up with something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment